Monday, August 19, 2013

Letter From the 1600s

Hey everyone. Sorry about being late, again. I've been getting distracted by other stuff. Here's my history project from last week.

March 22, 1653
Corn Hill Road
Boston, Massachusetts Bay Colony

Dear family,
There is a good Puritan church here that I have gotten involved in. We have chaised out Quakers several times in the past few monthes, and are planning to chase out some more next monthe. I have found a job working in a corn field, and fortunately was able to buy a house near by. Once or twice a monthe I go hunting for the fun of it. Last time I caught a deer. 
 
Boston is a very muddie place. There are no sidewalks, and everyone either walks or rides horses, for carages simply get stuck in the mud. The houses are small, one-storey log affairs with two or three rooms. The stables are about the same size as the houses, and can hold about four horses or cows apiece. There is a large space near the center of the town set aside for a garden, and the townspeople all work together to grow food. There are three cornfields, a vegetable garden, and some fruit trees, outside the town are several grain farms. I would write more, but I need to go help plow the fields.
Your loving son,
Samuel Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment